Main program / Haupt
Datum: N.N. // 20:00 Uhr // Tanz Performance // Silvia Gribaudi // ITA With irony and self-irony, a lot of sarcasm and an artfully celebrated awkwardness, Silvia Gribaudi and her ensemble hold up a mirror to a society driven by media and social networks. „Graces“ celebrates imperfection, points to the magnificence of a „beauty in ugliness“. It shows the fluidity of stereotypes, gender roles and identities and reinterprets virtuosity into an unconditional own style. No language barrier.
18. Oktober 2021 // 20:00 Uhr //
Tanz // Simona Deaconescu + Tangaj Collective // RO On stage, tentatively fumbling, isolated, hypnotically moving: three daughters of a confused generation; united in a kind of resistant community. Their bodies symbolise the countless bodies before them, those of their mothers and grandmothers, for all those who seek orientation, dare something, make mistakes, doubt, suffer. They act like cyborgs, driven by a craving for excitement and closeness, for freedom and power, in a state of constant charge and increasing tension. Performed in English.
21. Oktober 2021 // 20:00 Uhr // Performance // Elli Papakonstantinou / ODC Ensemble // GR Six women of different ages in their domestic environment. Private yet public, transparent yet mysterious, present yet absent, connected yet isolated, somehow safe yet unprotected. Created in the first Lockdown in spring 2020, “Traces of Antigone” is a masterpiece of digital theatre.
The performance will be performed live in six flats simultaneously – and streamed via Zoom. Performance in English and Greek. Passages in Greek will be subtitled in English.
22. Oktober 2021 // 20:00 Uhr // Tanz // Niv Sheinfeld & Oren Laor // ISR „The Third Dance“ is the title of an older work by the world-famous Israeli dancer/choreographer couple Liat Dror and Nir Ben Gal. An evening that tells of a long-standing relationship, of love and desire, of everyday life and drifting apart. Niv Sheinfeld & Oren Laor shed light on the particular time that has passed since their last duet. The changes in their bodies, their art, their togetherness. With energy and beauty. With pathos, but beyond kitsch. No language barrier.
23. Oktober 2021 // 19:30 Uhr // Lecture Performance Tanz // Renata Piotrowska-Auffret & Guests // PL Renata Piotrowska-Auffret examines the topic of motherhood between private desires and ideas, in the face of working life and society expectations. What initially appears to be a lecture on her own experiences is enriched by narratives from other women. Female longings meet insecurities, social dogmas, the possibilities and limitations of artificial insemination, promises of salvation and legal regulations. In English and Polish with German subtitles.
23. Oktober 2021 // 20:00 Uhr // Performance Tanz // Núria Guiu Sagarra // ESP The internet and social media as a treasure trove. No image, no event that cannot be tracked down. „Likes“ is a choreography disguised as a lecture on yoga and self-optimisation, on karaoke and cover dances, on the hunt for beauty and appreciation, on hubris, alienation and commercialisation online. And about the fact that real people are still the best influencers. Performed in English.
24. Oktober 2021 // 20:00 Uhr //
Performance Theater // Wariot Ideal // CZ Three roamers on their journey through the world. On their backs entire households: tapestries and mattresses, unusual pieces of clothing and kitchen equipment, tools, furniture, wood. »Hlubiny« (»The Depths«) is an opulent and in every moment astonishing procession of theatrical characters and archetypes, of outsiders and bearers of hope. An evening between shamanic ceremonies and relaxed Dadaism, with slapstick, dark humour and a high dose of magic. No language barrier.
24. Oktober 2021 // 20:00 Uhr // Performance Theater // Pasi Mäkelä // FIN A probably sexless, endangered vampire walrus has left the melting North Pole to make it as a performance artist in Central Europe. The exceptional Finnish performer Pasi Mäkelä combines slapstick with Butoh, the telling of fairy tales and dodgy jokes with choreographic miniatures and absurd improvisations. In this hell of a ride he navigates with anarchic, jumpy logic through a blurred reality where everyone is condemned to help himself. Performed in English.
24. Oktober 2021 // 20:00 Uhr // Theater Ritual // Handa Gote // CZ Theatre in its most intense form, ritualised and condensed into a kind of silent movie. „Die Rache” (The Revenge) is a psychedelic western from the German-Czech border region, but above all it is a dark meditation on the principle of an eye for an eye, on a retribution that leads to self-destruction. The Prague artists‘ collective „Handa Gote“ exposes the thin line that marks the border between coexistence and barbarism. No language barrier.
24. Oktober 2021 // 20:00 Uhr // Tanz // Tünet Együttes / The Symptoms // HU Three dancers attempt something seemingly impossible: to let the audience participate in the experience of a birth. They reveal their memories, the ones of their bodies during pregnancy, of amazing and occasionally disturbing emotional states, of the staccato of contractions and the liberating birth process. Birth, performed as a boundary breaking event of human existence, euphoric, traumatic, witch-like ecstatic. Performance in Hungarian with English subtitles.
24. Oktober 2021 // 20:00 Uhr // Tanz Performance Queer Electronic Fantasy // Karol Tymiński // PL A microphone scans the skin and the torso and legs hit the floor. Karol Tymiński explores the sound-producing potential of his body. The titular „musical“ emerges from a kind of memory material of desires, it spreads out in space and creates a composition of thoughts and actions that culminate in absent-minded ecstatic states. Performances in Poland were always noticed as “outrageous occurrences”, tainted with the reputation that something „inappropriate“, „offensive“ was taking place. No language barrier.
Westflügel nach eigenem Ermessen 20 Euro // 15 Euro // 10 Euro
LOFFT – Das Theater + Theater der Jungen Welt 16 Euro // 12 Euro (ermäßigt) // 8 Euro (Leipzig-Pass, Schüler, Schwerbeschädigte)
Societaetstheater + Villa Wigman
16 Euro // 12 Euro (ermäßigt) // 8 Euro (Inhaber »Theatercard«, Schüler)
13 Euro // 10 Euro (ermäßigt)
Theater am Samstag im Westflügel
viermal Theater/Tanz/Performance im LOFFT – Das Theater
Tanz am Samstag im Theater der Jungen Welt
49 Euro // 36 Euro (ermäßigt) // 24 Euro (Leipzig-Pass, Schüler, Schwerbeschädigte)
Der für Leipzig konzipierte Festivalpass gilt auch für Veranstaltungen in Dresden und in Chemnitz
alle vier Live-Aufführungen 39 Euro 29 Euro (ermäßigt) 19 Euro (Inhaber »Theatercard«, Schüler) μChemnitz alle drei Live-Aufführungen 29 Euro 19 Euro (ermäßigt)